Search This Blog

Monday, August 28, 2023

I am popping out to share the weather and stuff !

    The rain 💧woke me up this morning! I was so relieved, since it has been so dangerously hot and dry lately. In the last 96 hours, we have had less than .1 of an inch of rain and I think most, if not all of that fell this morning.I received extreme heat advisories every day last week, so I am so relieved this week even has a few 60 degree mornings predicted. We have had record highs lately, with heat indexes in the 100's. 

One day, the heat index was 113!

 ðŸ’¦ This rainfall map is so fun! Try it

🌞Here are cool statistics about Central Mississippi

Sorry that I have been quiet for so long, but I hope to change that and so here I am sharing some pics with you!


Here is a Swallowtail Butterfly that was enjoying my Zinnias this afternoon

I learned about the Butterflies I saw today at A to Z Animals

I saw three Sulphur Butterflies and An American Lady too.

The tree behind the Sulphur Butterfly is Persimmon and the warm patch we had in February, right before the freeze in March or so, killed off the Persimmon crop this year 😞
I
There are lots of honey bees 
pollinating the garden today too.
 
Figs are a native fruit of Mississippi, but not everyone likes them.
Their interior squishy texture takes some getting used to, but they are so easy to grow and are really very good.
Well, I am going back in the house to work on my Sophie's Universe blanket 
while watching Grey's Anatomy again.
Stay cool and hydrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment