Search This Blog

Saturday, August 8, 2015

School is starting and it is not!

    Sophie and Elena are in the same classroom at Community Christian School and they will begin on Monday. Sophie is in fourth grade and Elena is in second grade. I am excited by all the new possibilities. I saw this quote



quote

C.S. Lewis > Quotes > Quotable Quote

C.S. Lewis

“Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different...”


― C.S. Lewis

and it is just how I feel. I feel like I am moving like a turtle and all of the sudden, I have traveled a long ways and now I have arrived at the next chapter in the story. All Sophie and Elena's friends have traveled onward too., so school will be completely different and yet in some ways the same. I vote that all children must take their moms with them everywhere they go, because I want to go too. I get to go to Adventurer Club though. This will be Elena's second year as an adventurer and Sophie has finished and she is beginning her first year as a Pathfinder.  You can click on these links and join my adventure too, if you have a 5-9 year old(adventure club) or a 10-15 year old(pathfinders) The first meeting is Aug. 22, 5 pm, at the Community Seventh-day Adventist Church gym. So consider yourself invited.
    Then there is Levi. He is a home school student and I am so happy to be a homeschooler's mom again! We are going to The Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Gulfport, MS with Peak Network, our homeschooling support group. So Levi will let me tag along too.
    I have another adventure on Monday and that is my Doctor's appointment and I really hope that it is a good adventure. Please pray for me on Monday around noon, because I am a cancer survivor and I desire to remain one.  I am not posting any links for this one, because I don't want you to join this club. If you are already a member, then you know how I feel. Let me know and I will pray for you too.
    My mom has just retired and so she is not going to school either on Monday. She is coming with me to my Doctor's appointment. Maybe, there is hope for a happy Monday after all.
    I am also a teacher, so I am earning ceu's to renew my educator's license this year. Someday, maybe I will have my own school adventure.   At this point, I am floating on the waves of euphoria that my children create as a new school year begins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment