Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Flowers and Birds

   The daffodils are blooming in my garden and at my mail box, but they, like me, are drooping this year, because of the cold winter we are ending. Never the less, their beauty boosts my spirits each time I see one of the bright yellow beauties open, even if they fall over with their weight sometimes, due to the cold they have endured this year. Never the less, they are blooming and with our good Lord's help, I will not fall over with my weight, as some of the daffodils are doing.
    I love to watch birds, but I don't often find the time or inclination to simply sit and watch them, but the brave little souls, are constantly near people, in parking lots, in trees or on signs. It takes bravery to be near people.  One of my favorite sights is the Lowe's sign, when lots of pigeons are lined up on the top and some are on the ledge under the "eaves" of it's "roof. They never fail to bring a smile to my face.
      All this talk of flowers and birds, made me think of this Bible verse.

Matthew 6:25-34 American Standard Version (ASV)

25 Therefore I say unto you, Be not anxious for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than the food, and the body than the raiment? 26 Behold the birds of the heaven, that they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not ye of much more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit unto [a]the measure of his life? 28 And why are ye anxious concerning raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God doth so clothe the grass of the field, which to-day is, and to-morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Be not therefore anxious, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 For after all these things do the Gentiles seek; for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Be not therefore anxious for the morrow: for the morrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

  So, maybe the moral of my story is that the winter is ending and I am not anymore responsible for what happens this spring than the birds or the flowers are. I don't have to worry either. The birds and the flowers twitter and bloom happily and so will I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment