Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2016

What should you eliminate from your diet?



             This weekend, every time I have been eating, someone starts talking about food and nutrition. That bugs me, because, most of the time, discussions about eating healthy end with someone pushing their beliefs on the other person. That is not what I want to do, so, if you read this, please understand that I know that you are a smart person who can think for yourself. I am sharing my ideas here, in the hope that I may help you on your health journey, but I am totally against forcing you to eat the way I do.
             Eating is a very personal, preference-guided activity,because if you don't enjoy your breakfasts, lunches and dinners, then you will not feel as happy. If you only eat foods, because they are healthy, you will not keep eating healthy. Eating healthy will make you healthy and more happy, but only if you find foods that you love and want to continue eating.
            When people go on diets, they eat exactly what the diet tells them to and then they start cheating, because they are forcing themselves to eat healthy without finding healthy foods that they love. They end up returning to the unhealthy foods that they are used to, because they didn't replace them with new favorites.               So, here is my philosophy.

1. I do not eat pork or seafood, because I believe that God loves everyone and wants us to live the way he teaches us to in the Bible.


Here are some verses that help me decide how to eat.

     2. I don't drink, do street drugs and try to avoid needing medicine, because they have side effects that can be worse that what you are taking the medicine for. If I am sick enough to go to the doctor and he says that I need a prescription, I will take it though.

Here are some other Bible verses about staying healthy

    3.God gave Adam and Eve the best diet to eat and I know that this is the healthiest way to eat,because God loves us and wants the best for us.The way this pastor eats is ideal. Yet, it is not how most of us know how to eat. I would love to eat mostly raw veggies, fruits, grains, nuts and seed and only 15% cooked foods(because some foods do need to be cooked, in order to digest them.) We get so busy and then we have to scramble and we end up eating anything we find. I think that it is important to learn to eat healthy and fit it in your schedule in the best way that you know.

 4. Eating is an activity that looks extremely different, depending on where you live and how you believe. For example, if you were John the Baptist, you would be eating only grasshoppers and honey and apparently, he was eating healthy. So, just be honest with yourself and eat the best way you know how. Most of all, don't beat yourself up, because you love ice cream and french fries, just know that they should not be the main staples in your pantry and eat healthy again, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment