Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Nostalgia and Falling Leaves








Fall is harvest time, and a time to make new memories with friends and family and this time I am associating it with fairy tales.

( I love the sweet, pretty side to them at the same time that I am relieved that I don't have any need to rely on any earthly "magic". I am happy to trust in Jesus, who died to save us. He is no fairy tale.)

I thought of Jack and the bean stalk as some friends helped us pick beans in our backyard. The bean supports created a maze through our back yard. The chill in the air made all day today something mystical and new. It looked like little fairies had been picking the beans, since only the beans close to the ground were picked before I arrived to help. We slaved away so hard to prep and cook our big pumpkin, that we felt like Cinderella. We made it to our own tea party to eat the pumpkin muffins and we left our shoes behind and had to search for the right shoes many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment