Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

         It is extremely early, 3:11 A.M., but I am awake and my head is full of thoughts and worries and so I will pour them out here, where I have hope of feedback from you, my friends. I was a Home Educator and Stay-At-Home Mom yesterday. I love to home school and my children do too, but like many of you, I am feeling my finances sneak up behind me. 
        Sophie and Elena are going to school this morning for the first time in their lives. Sophie is worried and has already said she won't like it. She said,  
I can't believe that Papa said yes.
       Can you blame her? She is a fourth grader and has always home schooled. Elena is only in First Grade and I think she is excited. I am not really worried about what they will learn at school, because my girls will be attending Community Christian School. That is the private school across the street from Northeast Elementary School.  I am worried that I will let the teachers, parents and students down, because I will be so quiet that we will have a misunderstanding. I am talking now, and I will keep talking until you understand why. My head spins just with the idea that I must drive them to school every morning, except the ones that my friend and neighbor, Amanda drives them instead. 
     What should I feed them for lunch? Raul makes his own lunches, because I have been so lost on this topic, but I can avoid the topic of school and work lunches no longer. The contents of my kitchen cabinets must change too, from home meals only, to half-on-the-go. What dishes, water bottles and Thermoses should I buy? Do you have extras that you don't need and you could give me? 
       I am in the middle of organizing our playroom and I need more shelves. Raul said he would build some, but I need them now. We have lots of little toys and not enough containers to store them in and so they are all attacking us. 
       Sophie and Elena picked out their first school clothes and in an hour they will put them on, but I can't find Sophie's other sneaker. Elena has outgrown hers. Therefore, they shall wear flip flops. I wish they had shoes though. Will this cause the first problem at their new school? I hope not. 
       When we walk through the front door of school, I am expecting an ambush of paperwork and instructions, since we made the decision to attend school yesterday. Will it be stressful? Will the papers find homes in my house or will they hide with the other papers? I cleared a spot next to me on this desk just now. They will live there temporarily. 
      You may be wondering about the futures of Levi and I. Me too. I join the "PTA" at my daughter's new school today. Then, I return home to continue recovering from surgery for the next four weeks. In this time period, Levi needs to learn to use a toilet. His mama needs to learn where she will work. Hire me, please, in four weeks. Or pray for me. I need a job. Levi and I will be here until I find one. 
My aunt and dad will return to Georgia on Monday. It is 4:30 A. M. and the telephone has called Raul with my message to 
Get up and go to work.
So, I will get up and be ready to be a parent of two private school students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment